CSA Long Range Training Class
The next Long Range Training/CSA Qualification Class Has been scheduled! July 24th 2021 at 9am – please arrive at least 15 mins early!!
Open to members and non-members! Completion of class, range proficiency test and payment of $50 certification fee qualifies you to use the Upper Range at CSA. (Proficiency test can be scheduled for a later date if needed – certification is not awarded until proficiency test has been passed) Anyone who is already certified may take the class again at no charge.
WHAT TO BRING:
- CLASSROOM MATERIALS – Calculator, note pad, pen and pencil with eraser.
- RIFLE – (.243/6mm Caliber minimum!) capable of 1 MOA or less (1” or smaller groups at 100 yards) Please ZERO your rifle at 100 yards
prior to this class. Front and
Rear supports are highly recommended – This can be a
Bipod, front rest, front and rear “bean” bags, etc..
Benches are available – Bring your own Mat if you prefer to shoot prone.
***NO STEEL CORE OR ARMOR PIERCING BULLETS ALLOWED***
**Note on Calibers** While calibers less than 6mm “CAN” be successful with impacts out to 600yards, in previous classes most individuals using smaller calibers have ended up finishing the class using someone else’s rifle and ammo…
- OPTICS – Please have an Optic on your rifle that can be adjusted for Elevation and Windage out to at least 600 yards. We will be dialing the turrets for center of reticle impacts only. Scope turrets should match the scope reticle. (MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL) Pure Hold over or “Kentucky Windage” or the use of “BDC type” reticles without adjusting the scope will not be permitted in this class.
- AMMO – Enough ammo to complete the course SAME AMMO PLEASE, No “Mixed Bag” ammo allowed! 20-50 rounds for most shooters. You can bring more – depending on Schedule, size and length of time used for the class, we may open the range after the clss. (Reloads are fine as long as they are not a “mixed bag” or over pressure.)
- BALLISTICS DATA – for windage and elevation. Many applications are available for mobile devices – i.e. ABMobile, iStrelok, Hornady 4DOF, Bulletflight M, etc.. Online tools are also available, if you use these, you’ll need to print out your Range Card and bring it with you.
Cost of the class is only $50
PLEASE RSVP to JASON REESE
Hunters Safety - Hunter Education
CSA Does not hold regular Hunter Safety/Hunter Education Programs AT THIS TIME - Stay tuned for more info!!
Please visit the DNR Website for Hunters Ed information Click this link to be redirected to the DNR Safety Education Website
600 Yard IBS Bench Rest Matches
Columbus Sportsman’s Club Wisconsin State Bench rest Championship
2021 DATES: May 1st, June 5th, July 3rd, Aug 7th, Sept 18th
Points will be awarded for participation, small group, high score, and overall combined winners for each class/series.
Classes shall include A, B, and Factory.
- Class A shall include anyone shooting 2 or more targets of 3” or less
- Class B will include competitors shooting targets greater than 3″
- Factory** class shall consist of factory produced rifles* Custom shop rifles; Cooper, 40X, and similar rifles may compete in class A or B
The second series of targets shall be for any rifle that qualifies for IBS, NBRSA, or William sport rules (light/heavy gun)
The third series of targets if needed, will be for Factory class
- One point shall be awarded for participation in Light Gun, Any Gun, and Factory classes.
- One point shall be awarded for Small Group, High Score, and Overall in classes A, B and Factory.
- Points will be awarded for each series of targets.
- A Factory** Gun may be shot in all classes.
**Factory Class – Rifles from manufactures producing 5,000 or more rifles per year.
Action Rifle League
Action Rifle League runs from the first Tuesday in May until the first Tuesday in September
- Stage Setup 5:30 / Safety Briefing at 5:45 / Live Fire at 6 PM
- There will be multiple drills for participants to run against the clock
- Any semi-automatic with a removable magazine in any caliber can be used
- Usual round count is between 60 to 100 rounds
- Expect some interesting shooting positions!
- A fun event that is also good training!!
No league this year – but there are some Matches scheduled, Click Here For More Information
Contact Brian Cisar for more information or any questions regarding Precision Rifle events at CSA
CSA Long Range Practice
600 Yard Shooting and Practice dates will be announced to members who have passed the training class and hold a VALID CSA Long Range Qualification Card
- Members who have qualified may shoot on the upper range tube range 8 am to sunset whenever the upper range is open
- Be aware other events take place on the upper range and it will be closed on occasion - See the CSA Range Rules Section " I "
- Shooting on the 600 Yard Range from the open benches is ONLY allowed under the supervision of a Range Safety Officer on ANNOUNCED shooting or match dates
- Anyone found to be shooting on the 600 yard range from the open benches at any time other than an Event or Scheduled shooting date will have their membership revoked Immediately – no exceptions!
- Open Trap runs on Thursday nights at 7 pm
- Members and non-members are welcome
- Shotgun Patterning Board available during all open Trap sessions - Also avialable by appoointment
- Patterning paper is 48″ x 48″ - Cost is 50 cents per sheet
- You can Google "Shotgun Patterning" for a ton of info
Monday Night / Saturday Morning (Fall-Winter) Long Range League
Monday Night and Saturday (Fall time) Long Range League and Practice Match Monday Nights at 5:30 PM / Saturday (Fall-Winter) 9:30 AM
- The Long Range League and Practice match is open to CSA members and non-members with Long Range Training and experience
- This League is also open to CSA members and non-CSA members that do not have Long Range Training or experience shooting organized matches at ranges exceeding 500 yards but requires that a mentor supervise each shooter
- Space for non-qualified shooters is subject to availability. Those without experience MUST contact Jeff Western (Contact info below) to confirm enough mentors will be available for inexperienced shooters
- There will be competitive events including timed steel shot at all distances, paper scoring at 400, 500 and 600 yards, Sniper Shoot and more
- In addition to the events, the league is open for those that just want to shoot paper and steel at their pleasure
Equipment requirements are:
- A rifle and ammunition combination that is capable of 1 MOA or 1 MIL
- A scope with matching reticle and turrets (MOA or MIL) that are adjustable for elevation and windage
- Ballistic information for the ammunition being used
- A front rifle rest or bi-pod and rear bags for support
- Rifle should be zeroed at 100 or 200 yards
Fees are $5 for Members and $20 for Non-Members
Every Week there will a competition alternating between several formats. Including:
- Target for Score – Paper targets placed at: 400, 500 & 600 yards [pending conditions]. Five (5) shots per target, targets will be scored, miss = 0, Max. =50 x 3= 150 total. Unlimited sight in shots allowed (clay pigeons, golf balls at 600 and steel) at each distance
- Steel Challenge – Cold bore (no sight in rounds) timed steel shoot at 350, 400, 450, 500, 550 and 600 yards. Maximum of 3 rounds at each distance. Spotters/recorder assigned to help each shooter. Scoring based on number of shots and total time
All CSA Range / Safety Rules Apply
- An RSO will be on duty – If RSO isn’t available shooting will be done through the “Tubes” by qualified members only
- Any firearm that is allowed by club rules is allowed, no weight or optic limitations
If you have questions about the League Shoots, please contact:
Rimfire Pistol League
- You will shoot 60 rounds. 30 rounds at 7yds and 30 rounds at 10yds. This is a timed event with the first 10 rounds (at 7yds) you have 2min next 10 rounds is 20secand the last 10 rounds is 10sec
- We then repeat the three rounds at 10yd. The event runs smoother plus your scores are generally better if you bring a semi auto pistol, however you may use a revolver
- The cost per week is $3.00 or $24.00 at the start of the League
- This event is open to all members and non-members. If you would like to shoot but not ableto make it every week you are still invited
This is a fun league, we shoot about 5 shooters at a time, to allow for social distancing